| || I only have one problem around here, but it's a problem I intend to correct!
This page needs to be expanded in order to include more relevant information.
Homecoming is the 13th episode of the first season of Green Lantern: The Animated Series. It aired on May 26, 2012. The episode serves as the unofficial season finale.
Atrocitus wreaks vengeance on Oa, as the Red Lantern armada crosses into Green Lantern space – with only Kilowog to stop them. It's up to Hal to take the shortcut back to Earth by teleporting across the universe from the Star Sapphires’ homeworld of Zamaron and stop Atrocitus and Zilius Zox from killing the Guardians.
The Red Lantern armada proceeds into the Maelstrom on their way to Guardian Space, while Hal suggests that they move out and get to Oa before the armada does. As they move out, Kilowog hesitates, eager to take on the armada. Hal warns him that he cannot stop the ships, but Kilowog says that he can slow them down long enough for Hal to pull off his plan. After a moment, Hal accepts his teammates's decision, takes his power battery, and flies off with Razer.
The controlled Aya pilots the Interceptor through ultrawarp to Oa. Atrocitus and the other Red Lanterns look at the planet and vow vengeance. They receive a message from Salaak, demanding that they identify themselves. Atrocitus has Drusa command Aya to request an emergency landing, claiming that Hal and Kilowog have been wounded. She also states that she has information concerning the Red Lanterns, and sheds a single tear as Salaak gives her permission to land.
Hal wakes up in his civilian garb on Earth, with no idea how he came there. He looks up and sees Carol Ferris walking down the street. He calls to her and Carol runs to embrace him. She wonders what he's doing there and Hal says that he promised to take her to dinner. Somewhat puzzled, Carol goes with Hal.
Kilowog recharges his power ring and prepares to face the armada.
Appa Ali Apsa, Sayd, and Salaak go to greet the Interceptor, and Atrocitus steps out and attacks them. He blasts down Sayd and Salaak and the others fall back. Salaak manages to seal the security doors, cutting them off, and then advises the Guardians to stay put while he engages the automatic defenses. As the Red Lanterns blast past the defenses, the wounded Sayd tells Appa that what they're going through is similar to the planets that ssuffered attack from their Manhunters.
Hal and Carol go to a cafe and she comments on how she was in her office and then teleported to Zamaron. She notices that Hal seems dazed, but he insists that the only thing that matters is that they are together. When Carol reminds him about the Red Lanterns and his fellow Green Lanterns, Hal says that he has no idea what a Green Lantern is.
Kilowog summons power ring-formed weaponry and opens fire on the armada as it approaches him.
Carol takes Hal to the base and looks for his power battery. Hal does not believe that he is a Green Lantern but Carol finds it in his locker. She touches his ring to the battery and tells him to remember. Hal concentrates and remembers taking the Green Lantern oath. He finishes it and remembers what happened:
Hal and Razer went to Zamaron to ask the Star Sapphires to provide them with a warp gate to Oa. They spoke with Aga'po, who consulted with Ghia'ta. She speaks of the power of love and how she learned from their previous encounter of the true meaning of love. Aga'po agrees to send him to Earth so he can then fly to Oa. They warn that the jaunt to Earth was the longest ever, and the transition can render the traveler unstable. Razer and Hal point out that if Atrocitus succeeds then love will cease to exist on all of the planets in Guardian Space. Aga'po agrees and creates a portal to Earth, and Hal steps through.
Hal tells Carol that he needs to leave and she says that she understands. They share a kiss and then Hal flies off for Oa.
The Red Lanterns continue their attack on Kilowog, with Bleez and the others engaging him personally. Suddenly his ring glows with extra power and Kilowog blasts them back with his enhanced constructs. Saint Walker, wielding the Blue Lantern Power Ring, appears and takes out one of the battleships. He introduces himself as the first Blue Lantern. When Kilowog points out that they are still outnumbered, the planet Mogo arrives to help Kilowog and Saint Walker.
Razer prepares to leave Zamaron to fight his former friends, the Red Lanterns. Ghia'ta says that there is still love in his heart, and that there is another way to help Hal.
Mogo opens fire on the armada and Kilowog thinks that they have a chance. Saint Walker warns against overconfidence just as Shard appears. Mogo fires on it without effect and Atrocitus' homeworld unleashes a barrage of liberator bombs.
The Red Lanterns blast through the security walls and enter the Guardians' chamber. Salaak defends himself as best as he can but is soon outnumbered and blasted down. As they prepare to kill him, Salaak opens the overhead dome, revealing Hal floating above. Atrocitus says that the Guardians will pay for their crimes against the Forgotten Zone, and Hal admits that he is right and his rage is earned. However, he suggests that they work together to make things better for the people of the Forgotten Zone. Atrocitus, unimpressed, says that Hal's dying screams will soothe the souls of the dead.
Aboard the Interceptor, Drusa deletes all of Aya's higher functions. However, she is interrupted when Razer steps in via a Zamaron warp gate. He blasts Drusa down and goes to Aya, holding her tightly. Razer removes the control device and says that they must find Hal.
Mogo tries to destroy the liberator bombs without success. Saint Walker explains that he cannot boost Mogo's powers because the planet's power ring is miles below the surface, too far away for him to boost. Kilowog gets an idea, grabs Saint Walker, and throws him to the center of Mogo's orbital power ring. Working together, Saint Walker and Mogo fire a vast blast of energy, destroying the liberators and rendering Shard powerless.
Atrocitus and Hal trade blows and power ring blasts, and the Red Lantern smashes the Green Lantern down while the Guardians look on in horror. They realize that Hal does not have the strength, but wonders if he has the will. Hal concentrates despite his wounds, stands up, and smashes Atrocitus repeatedly until he falls. Zilius Zox orders a hasty retreat, but Hal tells them to stop the war before it begins. As Razer and Aya arrive, Hal repeats his offer to help them rebuild their sector. However, Zilius Zox does not believe that anyone would come to the Forgotten Zone to help. Appa steps forward and volunteers, admitting that what happened was a tragedy and pledges that his people will make restitution.
Soon, Atrocitus is taken away in chains while Razer looks on. Zilius Zox promises the Guardians that he will demand full reparations. Hal wonders how Razer got to Oa so quickly. Before the Red Lantern can explain, the Guardians awkwardly thanks Hal for his help. He says that he has business on Earth and returns to be with Carol.
On Earth, Carol looks up into the sky and sees a green light coming her way.
|Josh Keaton||Hal Jordan|
|Kevin Michael Richardson||Kilowog|
|Brian George||Appa Ali Apsa|
|Tom Kenny||Zilius Zox|
|Phil Morris||Saint Walker|
|Jennifer Hale||Carol Ferris|
|Kevin Michael Richardson||Mogo|
For full credits click here .
Appearing in "Homecoming" Edit
- Green Lantern Corps
- Carol Ferris
- Guardians of the Universe
- Star Sapphires
- Blue Lantern Corps (First appearance)
- Green Lantern Power Ring
- Red Lantern Power Ring
- Blue Lantern Power Ring
- Star Sapphire Power Ring
- Liberator bombs
- Kilowog: So that's it? That's your plan? Fine. I just got one question. ARE YOU NUTS?!?
- Hal Jordan: Okay, this harebrained scheme makes my other schemes seem well-thought-out and practical. But what else can we do?
- Ghia'ta: Then go in the spirit of love.
- Razer: Love will doubtless be foremost in my mind as I hurl myself into the path of an unstoppable armada.
- Hal Jordan: (to Atrocitus) You're right. What the Manhunters did to your sector was a tragedy. Your rage is earned. But destroying life here isn't going to change what happened there. Let's work together to find a solution. A way to make things better for the people of the Forgotten Zone. Let us help.
- Zilius Zox: You will find me a loud and grating voice of justice for my sector, Guardian. Whatever reparations you think are enough, start by doubling them.
- Hal Jordan: Meet the new boss, same as the old boss. More or less.
- Appa Ali Apsa: 2814, you have not yet been debriefed. That is, we Guardians have not yet had a chance to, uh... thank you, Hal Jordan.
- Hal Jordan: You just did.
- Sayd: This is not unlike what the people of the Forgotten Zone experienced, at the hands of our Manhunters.
- Kilowog: (faces an armada of Red Lanterns) Well, if it's my time to clock out, at least I know I went out swinging!
- Saint Walker: I am merely the conduit of the great hope that surrounds us all. My name is Saint Walker, and I believe I am the first Blue Lantern in the universe.
Production notes Edit
Series continuity Edit
- This episode is a continuation of the previous episode, "Invasion".
- Ghia'ta says that she learned the true meaning of love from Hal in their "previous encounter", which happened in "...In Love and War".
- This episode serves as the unofficial season finale.
- The line by Hal at the end "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss. More or less." references The Who song Won't Get Fooled Again (1971), which describes a cynical point of view about changing regimes and their cyclical nature.
"Homecoming" garnered an average of 1.298 million viewers.
- ↑ Jim Harvey, Media And Details For New “Green Lantern: The Animated Series” Season Finale Episode, Worlds Finest Online, retrieved 26-05-2012
- ↑ http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/06/05/sunday-cable-ratings-nba-playoffs-game-of-thrones-finale-mtv-movie-awards-sister-wives-the-glades-longmire-more/136802/
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|"Invasion"||"The New Guy"|